Stay up to date. Never miss the news. Subscribe:
April 21-23, 2023 – Kawartha Lakes Writers will be at the Fenelon Falls Country Living Show!
The Second Annual Kawartha Lakes Writers Festival – coming this fall – stay tuned for more info!
The first Kawartha Lakes Writers Festival took place on Saturday, October 22, 2022. Click here to find out more.
READ THE KAWARTHAS!
For a list of published authors, go to the Directory of Writers page.
Spread the word! Use #readthekawarthas in your social media posts.
Follow us on Facebook. Join the group #readthekawarthas and tell us what you’re reading.
Visit the Post Archives to explore all posts.
- Writing Workshops – May and JuneThe Kawartha Lakes Museum & Archives is hosting a couple of writing workshops: May 20 @ 1pm – 4pm Mini Writing Retreat Feel like you’re in a writing slump? Want to write but don’t know where to start? Need to talk out some of the knots in your plots? The day will begin with a …
- An Afternoon with Hollay Ghadery: Rebellion BoxOn the afternoon of Saturday, April 22, 2023, Hollay Ghadery launched her poetry collection, Rebellion Box, at the Kawartha Lakes Museum & Archives. The occasion was a drop-in event, allowing guests to arrive anytime between 1pm and 4pm to visit with the author, buy her books, and enjoy the refreshments she brought. My visit with …
Continue reading An Afternoon with Hollay Ghadery: Rebellion Box
- The Bobcaygeon Boys vs. L.M. MontgomeryIn the 1920s in Bobcaygeon, there arose a constellation of writers, including some of Canada’s most decorated poets and influential newspaper editors. At the heart of this constellation was a group of men who cottaged together and were at the forefront of defining Canadian culture. And they seemed to have a hate on for Lucy …
- Pearl HartLindsay native turned stagecoach robber, Pearl Hart (1871-1935), was also a poet. On April 19, 1871, Lillie Naomi Davey was born in Lindsay, Ontario to parents, Albert Davey and Anna Duval. (Anna was also born in Lindsay in 1846.) She had eight siblings. Her father was a drunken lout who sexually assaulted a young girl. …
- Kawartha Country Living ShowOver 3500 people attended the Kawartha Country Living Show in Fenelon Falls and saw our booth in the Kawartha Lakes Arts Council room. Hope to see you at our next show! If you’re an author and want to sell your books at a show with us, let us know via the contact form.
- Katherine VanderzwetOriginally from Bobcaygeon, Vanderzwet is a writer living in Omemee. A certified lifestyle and wellness coach and personal trainer, she published her first book in 2012, Be Well: unlock the health and wellness that you deserve. Books: Be Well: unlock the health and wellness that you deserve (2012) Sources: http://www.mykawartha.com/community-story/3705199-lifestyle-coach-turns-author-by-sharing-expertise-in-first-book/ http://omemeeon.blogspot.ca/2012/06/be-well-katherine-vanderzwet-book-helps.html#axzz4Jzod3tmv
- Charles CooperCharles Louis Cooper (1933-2023) was born on 2 July 1933 in Berlin to a German father and English mother. His family hid in the Germany countryside during the Second World War. After the war, Cooper moved to England and studied at Cambridge. He moved to Canada in 1957. He got his love for trains when …
- Kawartha Lakes Writers at the Country Living Show!Admission is free! So come on over to Fenelon Falls, meet some writers and buy some books! The following writers will be there: Emma Couette Kevin Frank J. Stephen Thompson Sandy O’Shea Cathy Walker Sara C. Walker Hope to see you there!