with Heather M. O’Connor and Anne MacLachlan
Date: May 27-June 24, 2013
Time: 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm
Venue: Trent University – Oshawa Campus, Computer Lab
Fee: $125 [$110 for writing association members-WCDR, WCSC, WCYR, SOH etc.]
Social media: the online cocktail party where writers, agents, publishers and readers mingle, connect, share advice and resources, do business. Are you ready to join the party?
Get the answers you need at this 5-week workshop:
- Two skilled facilitators
- Lots of hands-on help in class
- Online support between classes
Who should attend?
- Intermediate users hoping to develop a writer-specific audience and applications
- Social media novices needing lots of support
What’s getting covered?
- Facebook, Twitter, blogging, YouTube, Pinterest and more
- Why writers use these platforms and HOW
- Ways to develop your craft, connect with the writing community and to promote your writing
- Open and customize a Twitter account
- Learn how, when and what to tweet
- Find out where to find writers, agents and publishers
- Attract Twitter and blog followers
- Discover social media settings, tools, resources and apps that measure your progress and help you work faster, safer and more efficiently
Learn how to meet, who to greet and how to make a killer impression in the writers’ world of social media. By the time you’re done, you’ll have the foundation for your social media platform. You’ll also have the resources and tools to continue building your social media presence in the arts community.
This program takes place in the university computer lab. Laptops are optional.